OMG you guys the gift list is soooo good this year! Seriously though, am I allowed to shop my own gift list? Ok, I’ll tell you my top 5 personal wants on the list, as well as what I think Mr. Real Life Style would want, if I can narrow it down to that few. I think Kyle should do her top 5 too. What do you think? I know this is the weirdest way ever to start a gift guide blog but I’m going with it. 🙂
Lani’s Top 5 Favorite Gifts of 2019
- Away Travel The Bigger Carry-on, $295 – I mean, it is purple!
- Calpak 5-piece Packing Cube Set, $70 – I’m obsessed with packing cubes and these are the most glamorous ones I’ve seen!
- Birkenstock Arizona Glitter Dust Genuine Shearling Slide, $165 – Do I really need to explain my love of these?
- Veronica Beard Scuba Jacket, $600 – The most perfect blazer ever.
- S’well Geode Rose Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, $26 – Isn’t it sooo pretty?
Lani’s Top 5 Favorite Gifts for Mr. Real Life Style
- Yeti Rambler 36 Oz Bottle, $50 – He never drinks enough water at work so I’d love to send him with this giant, manly bottle.
- Mark & Graham Bond Briefcase, $325 – We still love camo everything in our house.
- Shinesty Eggnog Aficionado Snowman Suit, $99.99 – He seriously wants this! This is a Mr. Real Life Style discovery, I swear.
- Tateossian Gunmetal-Glasses Swarovski Skull Cufflinks, $225 – I love that he wears french-cuff shirts. It is so un-millennial of him. Yes, I’m technically married to a millenial.
- Paul Smith Men’s Lionel Reversible Stripe Wool Scarf, $125 – He loves anything Paul Smith and could use a fresh winter scarf.
Kyle’s Top 5 Favorite Gifts of 2019
- Pat Mcgrath Labs Lust: Mini Mattetrance™ Lipstick Trio, $25 – The Pat Mcgrath lipsticks have some of the most gorgeous packaging I’ve ever seen.
- K Janavi Dog Face Embroidered Cashmere Scarf, $375 – These scarves are so adorable, now we just need to convince her to make a custom Daisy portrait.
- Tuckernuck Navy Reversible Surrey Serape, $98 – I love when wearing a blanket in public is socially acceptable AND fashionable.
- Mark & Graham Small Travel Jewelry Case, Shadow Print, $59 – The shadow monogramming looks very designer, like something Anya Hindmarch would make.
- Cc Corso Como Ryanna Pump, $130 – A walkable, block heeled pump should be on every woman’s wishlist, especially in chic leopard print.
Gifts for the Classic Girl
1. Halogen Cable Turtleneck Tunic Sweater, $89
2. Mark & Graham Signature Leather Wristlet, $79
3. Tuckernuck Navy Reversible Surrey Serape, $98
4. Blondo Valli 2.0 Waterproof Bootie, $150
5. Annie Selke Glam Canvas Natural/Lilac Tote Bag, $54-$80
Gifts for the Globe Trotter
1. Calpak 5-piece Packing Cube Set, $70
2. Mark & Graham Small Travel Jewelry Case, Shadow Print, $59
3. S’well Geode Rose Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, $35
4. Away Travel The Bigger Carry-on, $295
5. Anthropologie Valery Passport Case & Luggage Tag Set, $54
6. Ban.Do Getaway Travel Kit – Pearlescent, $20
Gifts for the Pet Lover
1. Chronicle Books Do You Look Like Your Dog Memory Game, $17
2. Rebel Dawg Dog Tag: Double-sided Retro Nameplate, $38
3. Mark & Graham Dipped Ceramic Dog Bowl, $39-$49
4. K Janavi Dog Face Embroidered Cashmere Scarf, $375
5. Annie Selke Glendale Stripe Brick/Brown Dog Bed, $230-$300
6. Moncler Quilted Dog Vest, $425
Gifts for the Working Wonder Woman
1. Veronica Beard Scuba Jacket, $600
2. Cc Corso Como Ryanna Pump, $130
3. Ban.Do Red Is My Power Color Tee, $38
4. Intelligent Change Productivity Planner, $25
5. Cuyana Classic Structured Leather Tote, $355
Gifts for the Cozy Homebody
1. Corkcicle Stemless Glass, $25
2. Book Of The Month Gift Card, $49.99-149.99
3. Everlane The Cashmere Sweatpant, $140
4. Birkenstock Arizona Glitter Dust Genuine Shearling Slide, $165
5. Boy Smells Philia Scented Candle, $34
6. Michael Aram Metallic Rib Knit Throw, $250
Gifts for the Fashionable Dad (or the Dad You Want to Be Fashionable)
1. Kenzo Men’s Rubberized Baseball Cap w/ Tiger Embroidery, $130
2. Paul Smith Men’s Lionel Reversible Stripe Wool Scarf, $125
3. Serica W.W.W. WMB Edition, $540
4. Todd Snyder Colorblock Alpaca Crew In Navy, $159
5. Mark & Graham Leather Slim Wallet With Tile Tracking, $80
Gifts for the Rugged Man Trapped in the City
1. Patagonia Better Sweater Fleece Shirt Jacket, $159
2. Best Made The Lambswool Cap of Courage, $65
3. Yeti Rambler 36 Oz Bottle, $50
4. Mark & Graham Bond Briefcase, $325
5. Sorel Madson Waterproof Boot, $170
Gifts for the Funny Guy
1. Tateossian Gunmetal-Glasses Swarovski Skull Cufflinks, $225
2. Neiman Marcus Men’s 7-Pack Seasonal Puns Socks, $95
3. Shinesty Eggnog Aficionado Snowman Suit, $99.99
4. Easy Tiger Men’s Beer Money Typographic Clip, $20
5. Muzen Metal Wireless Desk Radio, $123
Gifts for the Kids
1. Singing Machine Carpool Karaoke Mic, $59.99
2. Chicago Skates Pulse Light-Up Quad, $79.99
3. Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition, $29.99
4. Garmin Vivofit Jr. 2 Star Wars Edition, $69.99
5. Ikea Duktig Toy Cash Register, $17.99
6. Boden Hedwig Applique T-Shirt, $38
7. Magna-Tiles Clear Colors 100 Piece Set, $119.99
Stocking Stuffers/Hanukkah Helpers
1. Uncommon Goods Telescoping Reusable Straw, $18
2. Annie Selke Ferguson Gold Side Hoop Earrings, $54.00
3. Uncommon Goods Hair Tie Bracelet, $45
4. Textention Hair Barrettes, $6
5. Compartes Apple Pie White Chocolate Bar, $12
6. Pat Mcgrath Labs Lust: Mini Mattetrance™ Lipstick Trio, $25
Gifts for the Person who Needs Nothing
Not everyone wants or needs material things, and some experience gifts can give in spades. A museum membership is a gift that can be used every weekend, an Audible subscription months of enjoyment, and a gift certificate to my Wear Your Power E-Course, a lifetime of fashion lessons! Seriously though, one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten is a subscription to Studio Theater, which forces Mr. Real Life Style and I into going out on at least 5 date nights every year, as well as seeing 5 new plays. We are still going and wouldn’t dream of giving it up.
1. Mindful Return x Real Life Style Wear Your Power e-course, $199
2. Friends of the Smithsonian Membership, starting at $75
3. Studio Theatre All-Access Pass, starting at $200
4. Haircut or Shave at Barber of Hell’s Bottom
5. Audible membership, starting at $15
For the man or woman who takes an hour to get dressed, or “has nothing to wear”
Don’t let another year go by without your dream wardrobe! Life is too short to hate your clothes. Truly, it takes about a day and a half with RLS to overhaul your wardrobe. Go ahead and ask for it!
Real Life Style is a style consulting firm that teaches busy women to wear their power so they can live their lives fully and confidently. Lani Inlander and Kyle Dunphy are based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and serve clients across the country. We offer personal styling services, an on-demand e-course, corporate services, and training to become a personal stylist.
You can find Lani Inlander and Real Life Style on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.