“Though I’m sad I can’t wear all of the new power outfits to the office yet, I am grateful to have a good number of nice options for working from home!”Hill employee, early-thirties
Are you currently working from home on video calls?
Or homeschooling your children full-time?
Or somehow trying to do both?
Our new roles call for a wardrobe shift.
Following the lead of fellow leading stylists nationally, Real Life Style is offering a coronavirus lock-down special. Until May 31st, we will be offering our virtual consultations for only $150 an hour. This is less than half of my usual hourly rate. The RLS virtual styling rate will revert back to $250 an hour on June 1, 2020. The revenue from these consultations will be split among paying Real Life Style’s staff salaries, paying our fixed costs, and supporting DC-area charities that are helping the community during the pandemic.
You can use the virtual styling session to clean out your closet, make outfits with clothes you already own, and become an expert online shopper.
If you’d like to reserve a time, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form. When you book, I’ll ask you which charity you’d like to support with your purchase. Courtesy of the Washington Post, I’ve included some ideas at the bottom of this page.
Thank you, as always, for your support. We will get through this — together.
Every wardrobe makeover follows Real Life Style’s 5 phase process:
This is the start of our collaborative process with you. Speak with one of Real Life Style’s DC fashion experts to discuss your daily clothing needs, the result you are looking to achieve from your work with a fashion consultant, and receive a customized cost and time estimate for the wardrobe makeover. We are here to solve your style problems and help you get your groove back!
The Wardrobe Makeover
We will transform your closet into a collection of clothes that reflect your personal style. The Real Life Style wardrobe makeover is the most efficient way to get the closet of which you’ve always dreamed.
During your first Zoom appointment, your personal stylist will work with you to evaluate, edit, and organize each item in your wardrobe. You’ll get a fresh perspective, a clean closet, and a sustainable organizational system.
After the wardrobe makeover, your stylist will provide you with a personalized Style Report that outlines your custom fashion formula – the cuts, styles, and colors which look best on you – enabling you to take your wardrobe to the next level.
‣ Choose between two levels of service for a custom package that suits your closet size and needs.
‣ Your personal stylist will advise you with a completely honest and non-judgmental attitude, providing you with a non-biased and trustworthy opinion on your clothing.
‣ Your personal stylist will advise you on how to handle donations, consignments, tailoring, dry-cleaning, shoe repair, and jewelry repair, so you have a clear plan of action.
Whether you hate shopping or make expensive mistakes, using a professional stylist for personal shopping is an efficient use of time and money. Our fashion consultants will make sure you find the pieces that suit your personal style and are appropriate for your lifestyle.
Virtual Personal Shopping takes place in two sessions. Your first personal styling shopping session will take place over the phone. Your personal stylist will email you a list of shopping links, which you will review together, deciding which pieces to order.
‣ You and your stylist will decide who will place your online shopping orders and returns. Your stylist can handle this for you for an hourly charge.
‣ Your second shopping session with your personal stylist will take place over Zoom once all of your items have arrived at your home. You and your personal stylist will decide together which items to keep and which to return.
‣ We enjoy finding an eclectic mix of clothing at online stores and independent boutiques, as we are not only able to support our favorite local businesses, but our clients are able to stand out among their peers with a unique, incomparable style.
Shop Your Closet
Never say, “I don’t know what to wear” again. Move beyond your stable of old standby looks and find new power outfits for every lifestyle situation.
With your taste and lifestyle in mind, Real Life Style documents your outfits in a personal look book (accessible on your phone and tablet), so that you have a go-to reference guide for the optimal combinations of clothes and accessories that work for your personal style. Your image consultant will mix and match your items, increasing the number of outfits at your fingertips, so you can get dressed, stress-free, in five minutes flat every day.
‣ Your stylist will give you a range of options for each outfit, for all the different facets of your daily life. Whether you need comfortable but cute walking shoes, wash and wear clothes for day, or go-to date-night looks, we will show you the optimal combinations for each look.
‣ Have trouble accessorizing? That is part of the service. We will tell you exactly which necklace pairs with which top, which purse matches which shoes, and combine it all into multiple put-together and well-styled outfits.
Complete Your Style Evolution
Refine your wardrobe as new styles hit the stores. You’ll benefit from our DC stylists’ fall and spring trend blogs that walk you through how to apply the season’s trends to your real life.
Learn how adding a few select items can keep your clothing looking current and fresh without starting from scratch.
You’ll also be able to take advantage of fashion, travel, and shopping tips through the Real Life Style weekly blog subscription so that you can look, shop, and feel your best all year long.
Not sure which look for an important meeting or occasion? Real Life Style is only an email away and is happy to provide complementary guidance for their clients.
Covid-19 Charities We’re Supporting
Center for Disaster Philanthropy Covid-19 Response Fund: Areas of emphasis include helping health-care workers with purchases of masks, gowns, gloves and other protective equipment; supporting quarantined and vulnerable individuals; and hygiene promotion campaigns to limit the spread of the virus.
Direct Relief: The organization is delivering protective masks, exam gloves and isolation gowns to health-care organizations in areas with confirmed covid-19 cases.
Lawyers for Good Government Foundation: Helps asylum seekers being held in refugee camps at the border and in U.S. detention centers. Donations help volunteer lawyers provide pro bono services to asylum seekers and families unable to practice social distancing or obtain access to proper sanitation.
Meals on Wheels: Delivers nutritious meals to the country’s most vulnerable seniors. Donations will replenish food supplies, subsidize additional transportation and personnel, and enable tech-based efforts to check in on isolated elderly recipients.